CONEXANT Systems, Inc. is a U.S. manufacturer of integrated circuits (ICs) and emerged from the semiconductor division of Rockwell Semiconductor Systems of the aerospace and defense manufacture Rockwell International in 1999. In particular in the last 6 years, CONEXANT has focused on the development and production of application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) in the field of digital audio processing. In these solutions the signal processing is realized by digital signal processors (DSP), whose pre-programmed algorithms are allocated in the internal ROM and execution is affected by customized parameterization. With respect to the signal quality high-resolution ADCs and DACs allow the integration in analog systems without any compromises, where highest quality for voice and sound is required.
Beside the digital and analog converters also the integration of Class-D amplifiers helps to reduce the BOM cost. A graphical development interface provides a simple and fast parameterization of the audio devices on block diagram level. This approach completely eliminates the needs of programming in source code.
Company Key Facts:
- Founded in 1999
- Over 300 Employees
- Over US$ 100 M annual revenue
- Headquarter Irvine, CA 92614
Audio Product Range:
- Audio processors with integrated high resolution, fast and in prallel operating ADCs/DACs and DSPs for processing of Far Field, AEC (Acoustic Echo Cancellation), AGC (Automatic Gain Control), EQ (Equalizer) and many other audio algorithms for crystal clear voice communication.
- Ultra low power codecs that provide innovative features such as the CONEXANT AudioSmart Class D amp for intelligent power delivery and dynamic loudness optimization to achieve 2x loudness, even from small, thin speakers for an immersive playback experience.
- Best-in-class Far Field ADCs with 106dB dynamic range, which allows the voice system to use the full performance of a high SNR microphone using low microphone boost to prevent microphone saturation in Far Field Voice Input applications.
CONEXANT Social and Environmental Policy:
- DNV Corporate Certification for ISO 9001
- DNV Corporate Certification for ISO 14001
- Canon Certificate of Green Activity
- Sony Green Partner Certified
- 2011 Wrap Award Certificate
- CONEXANT 2012 Sustainability Report
- CONEXANT Standards of Business Conduct