For a fast mesh wireless connectivity
DIGI announces the new XBee S2C DigiMesh 2.4 RF modules for a fast mesh wireless connectivity.
This new variant is functionally and OTA compatible with the legacy XBee S1 DigiMesh 2.4, and introduces several major advantages including reduced power consumption, better range and receive sensitivity, support for over-the-air firmware updates, and the addition of a SMT form factor.
In addition, as this product shares the same hardware as the DIGI XBee S2C ZigBee and DIGI XBee S2C 802.15.4 modules, customers can update the module firmware to either ZigBee PRO protocol or DIGI 802.15.4 protocol without changing out hardware.
The DIGI XBee modules can be configured easily using DIGI’s free XCTU software or via Digi’s simplified AT or API command sets. They are pre-certified for use in multiple countries and include integrated antennas, removing the burden of RF development/support costs and enabling fast time to market for OEM designs. Certifications currently available for the United States (FCC ID), Canada (IC), Europe* (ETSI), Australia/New Zealand (RCM), Brazil (Anatel), and Japan* (Telec).
• Simple, out-of-the-box wireless mesh communications, no configuration needed
• Point to multipoint network topology
• 2.4 GHz for worldwide deployment
• Industry leading sleep current of < 1µA, for longer battery life
• Firmware upgrades via UART, SPI, or over-the-air (OTA)
• Updateable to ZigBee or DIGI 802.15.4 protocols
Technical product specifications:
• Dimensions: 2.438 x 3.294 cm
• Chipset: SiLabs EM357 SoC
• Operation temperature: -40C to +80C
• RF Data Rate: 250 Kbps
• RF line of Sight Range; low-cost, low-power (1200 m) Extended-range DigiMesh (3200 m) ; NOT for EU