The Frequenzy of a watch crystal and the precision of an oscillator!
DAISHINKU KDS has brought a component onto the market which provides the frequency of a watch crystal (32.768kHz) and the precision of an oscillator. KDS succeeded in achieving this by using an AT-Cut instead of an XY-Cut (Tuning Fork Cut).
The new DSO321 32K provides the following properties:
- Precision over the entire temperature range (-40°C to +85°C) is +/-35ppm. And at 25°C, this is even as good as 11ppm
- Wide input voltage range between 1.62V and 5.5V
- Low current consumption, at 50µA (at 1.8V, 2.5V and 3.3V) and 60µA (at 5V)
- Rapid start (~2ms). By comparison, a conventional quartz mechanism needs ~1s.
These properties could be of interest to the following markets:
- Industrial control systems
- Medical technology
Have we aroused your interest?