Game-Changer for isolated FlyBack Designs
POWER INTEGRATIONS presents InnoSwitch3™, the World’s Most Advanced Flyback Power Conversion ICs for up to 94% efficiency
POWER INTEGRATIONS releases its InnoSwitch™3 family of offline CV/CC flyback switcher ICs.
The new devices achieve up to 94% efficiency across line and load conditions, slashing power supply losses by a further 25% and enabling the development of compact power supplies up to 65W without heatsinks. InnoSwitch3 devices are ideal for power supplies with challenging energy consumption, footprint or thermal constraints, particularly those targeting mandatory Total Energy Consumption (TEC) specifications.
Three sub families are available: InnoSwitch3-CE, InnoSwitch3-CP and InnoSwitch3-EP, targeted to different market/application to cover almost all designer small/medium power off-line flyback requirements.
Enhancements since previous InnoSwitch devices include:
- Up to 65W output power
- 650V & 725V Mosfet option
- Synchronous rectification, no need for primary clamp
- Highest efficiency (94%)
- No heatsink required in most applications
- Comprehensive protection features
- Input/output OVP, over current, over power, short circuit, over temperature, open loop
- Output rectifier short-protection, open/shorted pin
- Less than 15mW no-load
- FluxLink™ proprietary control that crosses the isolation barrier
- No opto, no aux winding
- InSOP package has widest creepage/clearance (>11mm)
- Meets all safety agency requirements: UL, TUV, CQC
- Supported by PI EXPERT suite design tool
If further questions occur, please feel free to contact Thomas Berner.