The TinySwitch®-III from POWER INTEGRATIONS is a family of ON/OFF regulators designed for universal-input power supplies. As with all new POWER INTEGRATIONS product families, the third-generation TinySwitch®-III family was developed with the primary goal of helping customers simplify their power supply designs and reduce system costs. Importantly, several innovative new features have also been added to significantly extend design flexibility, while a further benefit is the ability to easily transfer the platform-concept from one design to the next.
The key data:
- Up to 36.5W output power without heatsinking (up to 28W out for wide input ranges).
- Selectable current limit via a single capacitor.
- Reduced no-load power losses:
- Higher duty cycle during a down-ramping input voltage, thus facilitating a smaller input capacitor for stabilization.
In addition, maintaining tight I²f parameter tolerances during production helps to minimize rated overload values, which in turn facilitates simplified designs and lowers overall system costs.
Thanks to their outstanding performance and robust feature set, TinySwitch®-III devices are ideally suited for numerous applications, among them:
- Set-Top Boxes, PVRs and DVDs
- Powerline, ADSL and ISDN Modems
- PC and TV Standby Supplies
- All types of battery chargers
- All types of industrial applications, and in particular those that use a wide input voltage range.