With the MP2481 from MPS (MONOLITHIC POWER SYSTEMS), the ideal IC for driving your white LEDs is now available, and it functions as a step-down or step-down/step-up converter.
Operating at up to 1.2A of output current and with a wide input voltage range, the device delivers excellent load and power regulation. Current regulated operation furthermore enables fast regulation characteristics and ease of stabilization. Either a DC signal or a PWM signal at the control input can be used to regulate brightness.
Specifications in Brief:
- Buck or buck/boost operation
- Wide input voltage range of 4.5V - 36V
- Output current of up to 1.2A
- Internal 0.30? power MOSFET
- 1.4MHz switching frequency
- Regulation: analog or PWM
- Up to 95% efficiency
- 0.5µA current consumption during shut-down mode
- Ceramic capacitors for stability
- Internal protection against overload, temperature, open LED chains, overvoltage and short circuits