Without heatsink and opto-coupler
POWER INTEGRATIONS extended it’s spectrum of InnoSwitch™3 offline CV/CC flyback switcher ICs by new versions using integrated GaN switchers, enabling applications of up to 100W without heatsink. The new ICs feature up to 95% efficiency across the full load range.
Quasi-resonant InnoSwitch3-CP, InnoSwitch3-EP and InnoSwitch3-Pro ICs combine primary, secondary and feedback circuits in a single surface-mounted package. In the newly released family members, PowiGaN™ switches replace the traditional silicon high-voltage transistors on the primary side of the IC, reducing conduction losses when current is flowing, and considerably reducing switching losses during operation. This results in substantially less wasted energy and therefore increased efficiency and power delivery from the space-saving InSOP-24D package.
- Quasi-Resonant (QR) / CCM flyback controller, high-voltage primary-side PowiGaN™ switch, secondary-side sensing and synchronous rectification driver
- Integrated FluxLink™, HIPOT-isolated, feedback link
- Easily interfaces to load-directed and fast-charge protocol ICs
- Constant Power (CP) Profile minimizes charging time with continuous adjustment of output current and voltage
- Accurate CV/CC/CP, independent of external components
- External IS resistor allows custom CC programming
- Instantaneous transient response with 0%-100%-0% load step
- Digitally Controlled via I²C Interface (Pro)
- Dynamic adjustment of power supply voltage and current (Pro)
- Telemetry status read-back with processor interrupt (Pro)
- Comprehensive set of configurable features (Pro)
For more information please contact Thomas Berner.