New high integrated solution for SFP+, SFU and FTTdp/MDU
The newest high-speed, multimode PON technology chipset „INTEL™ 10G PON“ supports today’s fiber network upgrades and can be used for ITU and IEEE PON environments such as EPON, 10G-EPON, GPON, XG-PON1, XGS-PON, NG-PON2, and active optical Ethernet. The new chipset by INTEL provides a wide range of solutions, including Single Family Units (SFU), Small-Form-factor Pluggable (SFP+) ONUs, FTTdp/MDU and Mobile Base Station Applications.
The INTEL 10G PON Chipset is a cost-effective, low-power, and highly integrated design. It is optimized to meet all kinds of service delivery demands, including residential and business applications. It integrates a 10G PON MAC, SerDes, XFI, integrated 2,5G Ethernet PHY, two PCIe v3.0s and a DDR3/4 controller.
Technical Specifications for Single Family Unit:
- Integrated 2,5G Ethernet Phy
- Industrial temperature range (-40°C to 85°C, 5% to 95% relative humidity)
- IEEE1588 v2 and synchronous Ethernet support
- Hardware OAM support (including Y.1731)
- Additional second UNI of XFI through external Ethernet Phy
- Low-Power mode support and eligible for BOSA-on-Board (BoB) design