ADSL is by far the most popular broadband access technology today. INTEL’s ADSL technology has a field-proven Interoperability track record and is now in use with more than 60 carriers worldwide. To continue planned high-volume deployment of ADSL2/ADSL2+ access networks, carriers need to manage capital costs and achieve lowest possible operating expenses. Lantiq’s GEMINAX™ XXS V3 ADSL2+ chipset delivers on all fronts, with support for industry-leading port density and very low power requirements.
Targeted for CO, DLC, DSLAM and Multi-Service-Access Network (MSAN) and MDU applications, the GEMINAX™ XXS V3 fully supports all international standards for ADSL / ADSL2 / ADSL2+. Tailored to support triple-play and IPTV services over ADSL2+, GEMINAX™ XXS V3 also includes a line testing controller for automated line testing on the DSL line card together with INTEL's 16-channel SLIC devices. Used in combination with INTEL VINETIC™ Codec/SLIC™ solutions, the GEMINAX™ XXS V3 chipset easily migrates to splitter-less Integrated Voice/Data (IVD) applications.
- Universal Linecard solution from 8 channel MDU to high density 96 channel DSLAM applications
- Integrated line testing controller for Metallic Line Testing (MELT)
- 770 mW total power consumption per line
- 32-channel low energy datapump in 65nm technology (17x17 mm² package)
- 8-channel AFE (10x10 mm² package)
- 2-channel low power line driver (4x4 mm² package)
High Density Linecard
Product Name, Sales Code Description
GEMINAX™-D32 PEF 66032 E 32ch ultra-small Digital XXS Frontend for ADSL2+ linecards GEMINAX™-A8+ PEF 66218 E 8ch ultra-small Analog XXS Frontend for ADSL2+ linecards GEMINAX™-L2 XXS PEF 66602 V 2ch low power line driver for ADSL2+ linecards