Semi-customized or fully customized LCDs
A final casing design or very high tool costs for a casing modification call for a customized LCD that uses the available space as efficiently as possible. That is where semi-customized or fully customized LCDs come into play. Such a customized LCD design is possible both for monochrome passive matrix and for TFT (active matrix) displays.
The parameters we need to consider for an initial evaluation are described below.
Our suppliers in this category Customized LCDs:
ORIENT DISPLAY is an experienced LCD manufacturer and offers a broad range of various display related products. Starting from simple LCD glasses, over character and graphic displays, up to TFT displays and the related resistive and capacitive touch panels, all these technologies are possible at Orient Display.
Parameters for customized LCDs
- Display size (max. outer dimensions / size in inches)
- Passive or active matrix display
- Technology (TN, STN,…)
- Touch panel (resistive or capacitive)
- Touch panel interface
- Viewing angle
- Temperature range
Parameter only for passive matrix LCD displays:
- Backlight colour
- Polarizer type (reflective / transflective / transmissive)
- COG (Chip On Glass) or COB (Chip On Board) design
- Connection using pins, flex panel connector (FPC), or elastomeric connector
After a technical discussion and the final design approval, the production of your customized LCD display samples will begin.