All of our logistics workflows and processes – from our own receipt of goods through to the dispatching of orders, to include verifying the receipt of shipments by customers – are supported electronically and automated to the full extent possible.
The warehouse is divided into a pallet warehouse (narrow-aisle, high-bay) with a capacity of 2,700 pallets and an automated small parts warehouse which features the heart of the facility: two “robots” (automatic storage and retrieval vehicles) that support the fully automated consignment of shipments.
The current capacity of the automated small parts warehouse is 7,200 trays, and these can be further subdivided into as many as 12 sectors.The result: It takes only a maximum of 30 seconds to retrieve the selected wares and deliver them to the processing area!
The ample space available for receiving and issuing goods, and for consigning shipments, also enables us to reduce stock turnaround times.
We partner with the world’s leading logistics providers – such as UPS, Johann Weiss, Fedex, TNT, DHL, UPS SCS, Cargo Partner – to ensure that the products you have ordered reach you on time and in perfect condition.
- Just-in-time deliveries
- Customer-specified delivery days – collective deliveries can help save costs!
- Custom labeling and barcode labeling
- Buffer warehousing, which can be implemented in support of orders that have “time controlled” delivery dates, thus always ensuring the availability of products for shipment
- Backup inventories (i.e., a “safety stock”) can be implemented for certain articles to ensures adequate stocks are available to you even if when the manufacturer experiences delivery difficulties
- Consignment warehousing, to mean setting up a consignment stock for you, which can be automatically replenished (based on your call-offs and forecasts) to lower your warehouse stocks and costs
- Kanban processes, in which the desired article is automatically resupplied
- Credit note procedures
- Min-max system
- Online forecasting system
- Batch no. and date code tracking
- Environmentally friendly packaging – we use only pad packing as filler material
- CODICO’s new logistics hub in Hong Kong has been operational since mid-2009. The hub was implemented in cooperation with our logistics partner Weiss-Röhlig Hong Kong Ltd. Shipments containing products manufactured by our Far Eastern suppliers and intended for delivery to our Far Eastern customers can now be split, processed and re-forwarded in Hong Kong. With “processed” we mean, for example, applying specific labels as requested by our customers. The hub provides the following advantages:
- Shorter delivery lead times
- Our ability to offer flexible buffer stocks to Far Eastern customers
- A lower overall environmental burden due to shorter transport routes, including reduced CO2 emissions
- An improved ability to utilize the long-standing experience of our partner Weiss-Röhlig Hong Kong Ltd. throughout the Far East
A variety of factors influence which logistics concept might best fit your needs. If you let us know your requirements, we would be pleased to help find the concept that works best for you!